Landlord Education Certificate Program
If you have borrowers who want to purchase a 2-4 unit residential property and become landlords, Arch MI offers complimentary landlord education that meets Freddie Mac’s education requirement.
Available to borrowers whose mortgages are insured by Arch MI, the course is offered through BALANCE, a nonprofit financial counseling agency approved by the Department of Housing and Urban Development, and based on Fannie Mae’s “Becoming a Landlord” Guide.
The online course covers the process of becoming a landlord, including:
- Making the Decision.
- Finding Reliable Tenants.
- Taking Care of Business.
- Getting the Tenant Moved In.
- Maintaining Your Property.
- Taking Care of Financial Responsibilities.
- Ending Rental Tenancies.
- Hiring a Property Manager.
- This education program is free to borrowers.
- The course takes about 4 to 6 hours to complete.
- After completing the study portion of the program, borrowers may take the “Becoming a Landlord” online exam to receive a Certificate of Achievement. Borrowers are encouraged to download a copy of the certificate and send it to their lender.
Click here for registration instructions
Access the Balance Landlord Education Program through BALANCE